For you land use folks out there, later this month the Planning and Law Division of the APA is hosting a webcast on the Endangered Species Act. The details are below:
Title: Lessons from the Sage Grouse: Impacts of the Endangered Species Act on Local Land Use Planning"
Date/Time: Tuesday, March 31st from 3:30 to 5:00 PM EST.
Registration: $20 for PLD members, $40 for nonmembers, and $45 for webinar registration plus a Planning and Law Division membership.
Description: This webcast explores what an ESA listing may mean for local governments, how local or regional efforts can be incentivized to cooperate with state or federal policy, how to break down the ‘sue-settle’ model for the betterment of the species, and whether the ESA requires an overhaul and if that is possible.
- Fred Jarman of the Building & Planning Department for Colorado’s Garfield County
- John Harja of Utah’s Public Lands Policy Coordinating Office
- Dr. Rob Roy Ramey of Wildlife Science International
- Damien M. Schiff of Alston & Bird
- Sorell E. Negro of Robinson & Cole will moderate the panel.
Post Authored by Julie Tappendorf