Ancel Glink just released the 2015 edition of its Newly Elected Officials Handbook. You can download the handbook for free from the Resource Center of our website.
The handbook is designed for elected officials serving in all types of local government, including cities, villages, counties, townships, park districts, school districts, libraries, and others. Whether you have just taken the oath of office, or would like a refresher on some of the common issues faced by government officials, you will find something of interest.
The following is a list of just a few of the topics you will find addressed in this handbook:
- The Open Meetings Act: Don’t Leave Home Without It
- The Freedom of Information Act: Ignore at Your Peril
- The Rules Are the Game
- Taxing and Spending
- Understanding and Avoiding Conflicts of Interest
- The Gift Ban Act and Prohibited Political Activities
- You’re The Boss Now! Labor and Employment Issues
- An Outline of the Governmental Construction Process
- Suing, Being Sued and How to Avoid Being Sued
- Working Together—The Intergovernmental Cooperation Act
- Technology: What a Tangled Web-Page We Weave...
- Cooperating on Economic Development
- Hard Times for Real Estate Developers and the Impact on Municipalities