Let the Labor and Employment Attorneys from Ancel Glink Get You Ready for the New Rules that Govern Overtime Eligibility
When: August 4, 2015 8:30 a.m to 10:00 a.m.
Where: Heartland Community College, 1500 West Raab Road, Normal, IL 61761
Who: All local governmental officials, managers, administrators or directors
What: The regulations of the Fair Labor Standards Act defining exempt status are undergoing drastic changes. The Department of Labor anticipates that the new regulations will result in the reclassification of most currently exempt employees to non-exempt status.
In our no-cost "breakfast briefing," the labor and employment attorneys from Ancel Glink, a premiere Illinois local government law firm, will explain the new regulations and how to apply them to your employees so that you stay in compliance with state and federal wage laws. We will discuss topics such as:
- What is the new salary test for exempt status?
- What do I do with my exempt employees who will not meet the new salary threshold?
- What is the duties test for white collar exemptions and how will changes affect the status of my currently exempt staff?
- What do I have to do to comply with new record keeping requirements for exempt employees?
- What is the best way for an employer to implement these new changes in the law?